Wednesday, November 14, 2012

CHAPTER 3 STORY (COMPLETE)

Disclaimer: This is merely a fan translation. I am in no way affliated with Namco Bandai or Tales Studio or any of its affliations. I don't hold any rights to Tales of Xillia 2 and it is the property of Namco Bandai.
The translation is unofficial and there may be mistakes so if you find any, please kindly leave me a message. I humbly ask that all readers refrain from copying my translations and posting it on other sites. As I'm doing the translations as a hobby, this will be a slow process. I can't guarantee frequent updates or if I'll finish it at all for that matter. So we'll see how it goes~ Anyway, that is all!
-------------------------

- SKIT: Elle's Circumstances -
Jude: Ludger lives together with Julius-san right?
Lulu: Meow!
Jude: Oops! Ludger lives together with Julius-san and Lulu right?
Ludger: Yeah
Lulu: Meow~!
Elle: Elle's the same! Elle lives with Papa, just the two of us.  But when Elle was small, there was also a grandpa cat called Boro!
Jude: Elle's home, where is that?
Elle: .....
Jude: I won't tell the enemy!
Elle: .... don't know.  The boat Elle was on stopped.  Then Elle hid inside a container that read "To Torigraf" in a nearby storage house.  And then suddenly I was in the city...
Jude: Then, you don't even know the way back? .......

Man: Sigh... we need more hands... Hey you guys! Perhaps you're looking for work?
Elle: Bullseye!
Man: If that's the case, how about taking on this job?  It's an order from Clanspia Company so the pay is good.  Of course, you'll need the skills to do it.
Jude: Let's try doing it.  I'll help too.
Ludger: ....

- SKIT: Call from Nova - (after first loan repayment)
Nova: Hello! Nova reporting a happy news!  Your repayment just now lifted the restriction over at Doval Station.  Just continue like this and you'll be fine.  Do your best, Ludger!
Ludger: Sigh...
Elle: Nova's too optimistic!
Lulu: Meow...

- SKIT: Feeling Relieved -
Elle: Haaa~ we've finally reached Torigraf.
Lulu: Meow~...
Jude: Anyway, it's good that we're finally back.  As I thought, coming back to this town makes me feel a bit relieved....

L1 route > You have some kind of a memory here?
Jude: Yeah.  This is the first city I landed in in Olympios.  I was really surprised back then.
Elle: Eh? Like what kind of surprise?
Jude: Um... well... first we were fighting in some place that appeared to be heaven, then space-time cracked... we got sucked into it...
Ludger: ?!
Elle: Eh?
Jude: When I woke up I was sleeping on the floor, surrounded by objects I've never seen before. I guess I was surprised because I didn't know what I should be surprised of first.
Elle: ... Elle... is more surprised at how Jude can say all that with a smile on his face.
Lulu: Meow~....

R1 route > ... feeling relieved?
Jude: Yeah.  Though the feeling is sort of a surprise to me too.
Elle: There are times when Elle feels relieved too!  Like when holding Lulu, or when Elle thought Elle lost him but then he appears.
Lulu: Meow~
Jude: Ahh~  I have those times too.
Elle: But you know, the thing that gives Elle the most relief is... when Elle finds the tomato in her sandwich before Elle eats it!
Jude &Ludger: Hah!
Elle: What? Why are you guys laughing?
Jude: It's nothing, somehow it's really Elle-like, so should I say it's kind of a relief or that things have calmed down.
Lulu: Meow~
Elle: ???

-------------------------

Jude: This is Julius-san's home?
Elle: Lulu's home?
Lulu: Meow~

option: (This is Julius-san's home?)
L1: ... It's my home.  Even though I'm a freeloader...
R1:  It took a while to get here...

L1 route >
Elle: I know! Freeloader is... a NEET right!
Ludger: .....


Chapter 3  反転する日常

Jude: Well then, what should we do?
Lulu: Meow~
Jude: Oh right, guess we're hungry.
Elle: Ah! Elle's bad with tomatoes!

option: (Ah! Elle's bad with tomatoes!)
L1: Don't be picky with your food.  They're delicious.
R1: Ok. I won't put them in.

L1 route >
Elle: It's not about being picky! It's a requestー! It's my right to request!
Jude: You know some difficult words.

R1 route >
Elle: Seriously, why do adults like them so muchー?

Elle: Somehow it looks amazingー!
Jude: I'm digging in.
Elle: Mmmmmm~~~~~!
Jude: This is pro-level, Ludger.
Elle: As good as Papa's cookingー it's yummyー!
Jude: Speaking of Elle's dad, where is he right now?
Elle: Don't know.... Scary people came to our house and Elle was the only one who escaped..
Jude: ....
Elle: That's why, Elle must go to the Land of Kanan! Elle's going to make a wish to save Papa!
Bisley: Sorry for the intrusion, Ludger-kun.
Jude: Bisley-san! You're okay!
Bisley: I am.
Ludger: Ugh!
Jude: You're...!
???: No time to be surprised!... or it seems you do...
Jude: Ival...
Bisley: Hahaha! You're interesting, Ival-kun! That was quite the amusement.  I'll hire you as an Agent for misc. jobs.
Ival: Damn... thank you very much.
Jude: What's the meaning of this?
Bisley: You don't seem to understand the situation.
News Reporter: Moving onto the next piece of news.  Damage estimations of the recent train terrorism incident that involved the natural facility Askold are becoming clear.  The impact from the train created a huge explosion, engulfling the entire facility in flames.  Number of casualities among train passengers and facility workers estimated to be over 2000 people.  The cost of damage exceeds 10 billion gald and can be expected to climb to 50 billion gald.  The authorities have declared Clanspia Company employee Julius Will Kresnik a wanted person as the mastermind behind the attack.
Ludger: !
Jude: No that's wrong!  Julius-san is...
Bisley: Are you saying that the guy is innocent after attacking me in that situation?
Secretary: The police believe that there are several other accomplices and are searching all related areas.
Bisley: And of course, you're one important witness.
Elle: Elle or Ludger, we don't have anything to do with it!
Bisley: The suspect's brother just happened to be working at the station that day, boarded the train, then disappeared along with the suspect... Are you telling me to believe that?
Ludger: Damn!
Elle: Believe us!
Bisley: If that really is the truth, then prove it.  If you catch Julius, then the truth will come out.
Ludger: !?
Elle: But that guy with glasses is...
Bisley: He is alive.
Secretary: A few hours ago, the President received a call.
Bisley: He's our company's top Agent.  The police won't be able to catch him.  But against family, there may be a chance.  How about it?  If you say you're going to do it, I'll put pressure on the police with my power.
Ludger: ....

option: (If we catch Julius, the truth will come out)
L1: I understand.  I'll catch brother.
R1: Wait a minute...

L1 route >
Bisley: No hesitation.  Wise decision.
Jude: Ludger....
Ludger: ....
Bisley: With this, you're now under the protection of Clanspia Company.
Secretary: Currently, we have two strong intel.  It appears that former division leader has some connections with a researcher called Baran from Helioburg.  Also, in Maxbaad, someone persistantly searching for information on Julius has been sighted.
Jude: Baran-san...
Elle: Even if you say all that, we don't understandー!
Jude: You're telling us to go to Helioburg and Maxbaad right?
Elle: Then we probably need money again or else...?
Bisley: Asking for pay without first showing some results... is that how Julius raised you?
Ludger: !
Bisley: So you knew Dr. Mathis.
Ival: ...More than that, why are you doing something so unnecessary?
Bisley: I saw the form of their capacities, now to measure the depth.

- END -

7 comments:

  1. Thx for another great Chapter,
    I'll try to wait for all chapters translation before play it XDD
    Ja ne!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! Actually this chapter is even shorter than the previous one XD but you'll be waiting for a long time if you're going wait for all chapters first... just to let you know :P
      Mata ne!

      Delete
  2. I can play the game in japanese but i want to understand all XD
    So, i'll play the first xillia again by now ;)
    Ja ne!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the amazing translations!!! It really helps to motivate me to play the game when I can actually understand what's going on :)

    Is there any chance that you might be translating the options/strategy/help menus in the future?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm options and the menus, probably not. I think there are translations for those already? At least the more important ones, like trophy, record, grade lists.

      Delete
  4. Amazing work bro I can't thank you enough really..much appreciated this helps a lot! :)

    ReplyDelete